Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » State » State News

RSZ, RSU to resume indefinite bandh from today

DIMAPUR, JAN 12 (NPN)
:
Published on 12 Jan. 2018 11:38 PM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Criticizing the state government for its alleged indifference towards their demand for Tseminyu district, Rengma Selo Zi (RSZ) and Rengma Students’ Union (RSU) have announced resumption of the indefinite bandh along NH-2 from Saturday.
In a statement, RSZ president Kenneth Kath said both the Rengma bodies had resolved on December 21, 2017 not to lift the indefinite bandh till their demand for creating Tseminyu district was met. However, in response to a call of Rengma Hoho for temporary withdrawal, both the organisations lifted the bandh on January 5 on humanitarian grounds. 
Kath said despite facing opposition from various quarters against lifting the bandh before the demand was met, both RSZ and RSU, by reposing faith and confidence on the government to deliver, kept patience and continued to keep the bandh in abeyance as a mark of goodwill and in the greater interest of general public. 
Stating that the government’s lack of commitment towards the issue was, however, evident in its inaction, the RSZ president said the Rengma community felt deprived and discriminated, besides doubting the government’s dedication towards the people’s real issues and concerns. 
“Such inaction on the government’s part has left the Rengma people aggrieved as they feel that the government has turned its back on them and is insensitive to their sentiments,” he pointed out.
The statement pointed out that, taking into consideration its pre-occupation with the “solution before election” issue and acknowledging the time required to deliberate on deciding the Rengma people’s genuine demand for Tseminyu district, RSZ and RSU had given the government ample amount of time. 
“However, in spite of the patience and restrain exercised for a long time, besides the sincere appeals made, the matter continues to be stalled,” it regretted.
Kath said under the circumstances both the organisations had been compelled to resume the indefinite bandh from 10 am on Saturday till their demand was met. He also blamed the government for the move. He also warned that, unlike the previous occasion, RSZ and RSU would enforce the bandh with much strictness this time and that relaxation would be given only in ”very emergency cases” like deaths.
While conveying their regret to general public for the inconvenience likely to be caused as a result of the indefinite bandh, RSZ and RSU said it was a direct consequence of the government’s inaction and insensitivity. They also sought public cooperation and solidarity for the Rengma community in their fight for “genuine and long overdue demand” for Tseminyu district. 
“May the government wake up from its slumber and bring justice that is overdue,” the statement concluded.
Earlier, as endorsed by the Rengma Hoho and Rengma frontal organizations, the Rengma Selo Zi (RSZ) and Rengma Students’ Union (RSU) imposed indefinite bandh on January 3 along NH-2 under Tseminyu jurisdiction. However, the strike was temporarily suspended on January 4 on humanitarian grounds until further notice. 
RSZ and RSU warned that the “temporary suspension” should not be construed that the Rengmas had softened their demand for creation of Tseminyu district and reiterated that the fight for Rengma district will continue till the ultimate goal was achieved.

 
For more updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter
 
Tags : RSZ RSU 
 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News