• 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• 2½ cups chopped cooked chicken, (about 12 ounces; see Tip)
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
• ½ cup finely chopped red onion
• ½ cup sliced ripe black olives
1. Whisk vinegar, oil, dill (or oregano), garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and feta; toss to coat.
2. Tip: If you don’t have cooked chicken, poach 1 pound chicken breasts for this recipe. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan. Add lightly salted water (or chicken broth) to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes.