500gm chicken wings
½ tsp baking powder
3 tbsp chopped spring onions (scallions)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon grass paste
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C and place a rack on a large baking tray.
2. Cut each wing at the joint. Dry the wings with paper towels, then place in a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. Place in a single layer on the rack. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, turn the oven up to 220°C and cook for another 30 minutes or until the wings are golden and crispy.
1. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a saucepan, stir and bring to the boil. Allow to bubble for few minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
2. Add the wings to the sauce, toss to combine, then serve topped with chopped spring onions.