450gm penne pasta
3 cups broccoli florets
2 large carrots
2 tbsp chopped basil or oregano
For the vinaigrette
2tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 garlic clove
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the penne in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until soft. Drain the pasta well and keep aside.
1. Cut the carrot into juliennes, mince the garlic.
2. Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and steam about 3 minutes more.
3. Remove from the heat.
4. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, garlic in a large bowl, then gradually whisk in the oil.
5. Toss in the vegetables and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.