400gm fillet fish
1 ½ cups bread crumbs
3 tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup flour
2 large eggs
Refined oil, for frying
Lemon wedges, to garnish
1. Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, and paprika well into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread the flour in another bowl. Whisk the eggs and 2 tbsp water in another bowl.
3. Slice the fish into strips about 1cm wide. In batches, coat the fish in the flour.
4. Dip in the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs. Spread them, without touching each other, on a baking sheet.
5. Add enough oil in a large frying pan; in batches add the fish and deep-fry, turning once, about 2 minutes, until golden.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Transfer to a platter and garnish with the parsley. Serve hot, with the lemon wedges and mayonnaise sauce.