The Ward Council of DMC Ward No-2 has condemned the March 5 incident resulting in the jail break and subsequent lynching the rape accused and said the act was beyond comprehensions and deserves no justification in any civilized society.
While stating that the area under its jurisdiction had been peaceful even in the most difficult of times, the Ward Council chairman, Kevi Zakiesato, has appealed to all residents to maintain peace and harmony and avoid rumor mongering that could disturb the tranquility in the society.
He said the mosque within its jurisdiction near the DDSC ground was not vandalized as propagated by some vested interests people and reiterated that the council would take full responsibility for its protection. Stating that the unfortunate incident had nothing to do with any religions community, he said the same should not be exploited to create any ugly situation. Stating that the act of barbarism on March 5 had really shamed us all, the council said the stigma would remain with us for a very long time to come. It has further appealed not to politicize the issue but put our heads together to bring some sanity in the society.
