At least ten(10) houses were gutted in a massive fire that broke out at Churches Colony Dimapur in the wee hours of Sunday, around 12:30 a.m. However, there was no report of any casualty in the incident. According to Fire department officials, four fire tenders were pressed into service from Central and West Fire stations and fire was finally brought under control after nearly an hour.
Preliminary investigations suggested that a short circuit may have started the fire. According to sources the inferno caused loss of properties worth Rs. 8 – Rs 10 lakhs. Meanwhile, some residents expressed concern of it being the second fire incident where there are houses and workshops.