Friday, December 9, 2022

Army aspirants protest against non-conduct of Common Entrance Exam

Staff Reporter

Amidst widespread protest against the Agnipath recruitment scheme in several states, more than 100 Army aspirants staged demonstration at Rangapahar Military Station (RMS) here Tuesday demanding the Centre to hold the Common Entrance Exam (CEE), which had been withheld for over a year, reportedly due to the Covid pandemic.
The candidates, mostly in their early 20s, from across Nagaland and other parts of North East joined the protest. They expressed dismay that the Centre had kept on hold the CEE even though all of them had cleared their physical and medical tests.


They questioned as to why Centre had failed to conduct the CEE, but managed to conduct state elections in several states.
The candidates, who submitted memorandum to army official at RMS, were later informed that the memorandum would be forwarded to the higher-ups.
Meanwhile, demanding immediate conduct of CEE, one of the candidates said that most of them had to give up their education and skip exams in order to take up the physical and medical tests.
Another candidate said that they could not even take up other jobs hoping that the exam might be called anytime. Asked whether they were against the Agnipath scheme, the candidates said they were not against it, but now most of them were not eligible due to age factor.
One candidate, however, said Agnipath scheme was the reason why the exams were not being held.
The candidates expressed dismay that despite having conducted physical and medical tests from March 10-17, 2021, neither did they receive information on the conduct of exams, nor was there any information on any official websites.
It may be mentioned that candidates from Manipur could not turn up for the protest, due to landslides.
“After so much sacrifice, hard work, dedication and not forgetting our willingness to serve our country, why is the centre ignoring the NE for the CEE?” one protestor questioned. He claimed that the exams were held in other parts of the country, but cancelled for the North East region.
Similar protests were also reportedly staged in other parts of the region.
Protestors informed that they would also approach Deputy Commissioner (DC) Dimapur and submit a letter to be forwarded to the President of India.
Asked about their next course action in the vent the centre failed to hold the exam or provide any information, they said the future action would be decided together with candidates from other north east states.

SourceNPN
Must Read