Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Blood donation camp at NEISSR

A blood donation camp was jointly organised by Red Ribbon Club of North East Institute of Social Sciences & Research (NEISSR) in collaboration with IQAC, NEISSR and Christian Institute of Health Sciences & Research (CIHSR) on February 7 at Peace Centre, Chumoukedima.
Speaking on the theme, “Every blood donor is a Hero”, Dr. Nounechutuo Miachieo, department of Transfusion Medicine, CIHSR, said that there was a shortfall of 13 million units of blood against the annual requirement of 26.2 million units in India. He also underscored the importance of voluntary blood donation, citing that there was a demand for roughly 300 – 400 units of blood per month at the Blood Centre, CIHSR, Chumoukedima, while the centre can cater to about 80 percent of the demand and the remaining 20 percent of the blood comes from voluntary donation.
Therefore, he encouraged the students present to be voluntary donors, to reduce unhealthy replacement and professional donors.
Dr. Miachieo also clarified the queries, doubts and misconceptions of the students, in relation to voluntary blood donation. Altogether 20 volunteers comprising of students from BSW and MSW courses donated blood. The Blood Donation Camp was attended by students, teaching and non – teaching faculty member of NEISSR, along with the medical staff and personnel of CIHSR.

Don't Miss

Must Read