The Nagaland Education Mission Society, Samagra Shiksha on Wednesday declared the result of the state level Kala Utsav 2022 competition at the Directorate of School Education, Kohima.
Kala Utsav is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE) under Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan, to promote arts in education by nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the secondary stage in the country.
The students competed in the field of vocal music, traditional & classical, instrumental music traditional & classical, dance in traditional & classical, visual art and indigenous toy.
There are ten categories of competition such as, vocal music (traditional & classical), instrumental music traditional & percussive), dance classical & traditional, visual 2D & 3D, indigenous games and toys and drama, solo for both male and female.
The winners will represent the state at the National Level Kala Utsav on January 3 to 6, 2023 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The panel of judges includes – Gideon Thono, Zeneizokho, Nuveta Khesoh and Avino Tase.
The prizes were handed over to the winners by joint mission director Samagra Shiksha, Dr. Kevizakie Rio.
Kala Utsav State Level Competition 2022 winners:
2D Visual Art:
- Lhusuto Medeo of Phek district from GHSS Chozuba.
- Moanaro Jamir of Dimapur district from GHSS Diphupar-A.
3D Visual Art:
- Veba Vasa of Phek district from GHSS Chozuba.
- Anamika Hojai of Dimapur district from GHSS Singrijan.
- Chubaienla of mokokchung district from Senayangba GHSS Ungma.
Dance Traditional Folk:
- Hyulozu Kent of Kohima district from Christian School Botsa.
- Karishma Rai of Dimapur district from GHSS Singrijan.
Instrumental Music Traditional Folk:
- Engo Moba from Mokokchung district GHS Sumi.
- Benjano from Mokokchung district GHS Sumi.
Instrumental Music Classical:
- Ozo Vero from Phek district BAMS Phek.
- Rugono Seyie from Dimapur district GHSS Medziphema.
Vocal Music Classical:
- John H Achumi from Mokokchung district GHSS Sumi.
- Vituna H. Achumi from Mokokchung GHS Sumi.
Vocal Music Traditional Folk:
- Lijempong from Mokokchung of Yanjen Aier GHS Mopungchuket.
- Wisiliu Niumai from Peren district GHS Beisupuikam.
- Kaimangsomba from Dimapur district GHSS Diphupar – A.
- Putusenla Longchar from Mokokchung district of Queen Mary Hr. Sec. school.
Indigenous Toys & Games:
- Nyemjun Konyak from Dimapur district GHSS Diphupar A.