Director Ggeneral of Police (DGP) Rupin Sharma on Thursday said cases of impersonation by some candidates had been detected during the ongoing police recruitment process.
In a social media post, the DGP stated that both the impersonators and the candidates involved would be disqualified from all future recruitment processes. Efforts to contact the DGP for further comment were unsuccessful.
The Nagaland Police recruitment drive for constable (GD) posts received over 30,000 applications for 1,176 vacancies.
The physical, medical and written examination phases have been completed, while oral interviews are yet to be conducted.
Meanwhile, the Konyak Union (KU) has appealed to the police department to decentralise the oral interviews from Dimapur to the respective district headquarters. KU said decentralising the interviews would help ease hardships faced by candidates, ensure equal access, reduce financial burden and encourage wider participation.
The Eastern Nagaland Legislators’ Union (ENLU) has also urged the DGP to take serious note of the proposed centralisation of the constabulary oral interviews at Dimapur. In a letter to the DGP, ENLU convener and minister P. Paiwang Konyak stressed that the oral interviews should be conducted in the respective districts in line with the decentralised recruitment policy.
Nagaland: DGP flags impersonation in police recruitment drive
DIMAPUR, JAN 29 (NPN)
