Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Nagaland NewsNagaland: NSCN-K (Khango-Vusshe) apologizes to Western Sumi ...

Nagaland: NSCN-K (Khango-Vusshe) apologizes to Western Sumi organizations; discharges 2

Staff ReporterDIMAPUR, JAN 23 (NPN)

NSCN-K (Khango-Vusshe) group on Friday tendered an unconditional apology to all Western Sümi frontal organisations over the January 19 alleged abduction and physical assault incident and announced the discharge of two members as part of disciplinary action, during a press conference convened in response to the 48-hour ultimatum issued by the Sümi groups.
Addressing the media, MIP kilonser of NSCN-K (Khango-Vusshe), Hokashe Muru, said the press conference was convened to clarify the group’s stand on the four-point ultimatum issued by Western Sümi frontal organisations– Western Sümi Hoho, Western Sümi Kukami Hoho, and Western Sümi Youth Front.
Responding to the first and second points, Muru said the “government” had sincerely tendered an unconditional apology to all Sümi organisations over the physical assault incident. He informed that an inquiry was immediately instituted and, following deliberation, two individuals named as main accused in the FIR were discharged.
He further stated that action had been initiated against those involved as per party discipline and Azha. In this regard, finance secretary H. Kiba and joint secretary Vicca Chophi were discharged as part of disciplinary measures under organisational norms. Subsequently, ato kilonser Hokato Vusshe on January 23, issued a “force discharge azha” from active and primary membership of the government with immediate effect. The duo have also been asked to submit all government properties within seven days from the date of issue of the Azha. On the third point, Muru expressed regret over an earlier statement issued by the group, saying it had been misinterpreted.
He also clarified that the statement regarding a Rs 30 lakh bond agreement, earlier said to have been made at the request of Kiyeto Zhimomi, had been formally retracted, and the organisation regretted the confusion caused.
Regarding the fourth demand on shifting the Ceasefire Supervisory Board (CFSB) office from Thilixu village, Muru appealed to Sümi frontal organisations to reconsider. He said the office was set up after consultations and obtaining a No Objection Certificate from the village, and any relocation would have to follow proper procedures through the CFSB and Ceasefire Monitoring Group (CFMG).
Meanwhile, meetings involving CFMG staff officers and CFSB members, led by the supervisor, were also held to deliberate on the matter.

EDITOR PICKS

Dimapur’s industry

The National Party Youth Front (NPYF) has raised its voice against the unchecked growth of multiple taxes(whether authorized, unauthorized, or outright illegal) collected at check gates and entry points in Dimapur. This problem is not new for it was...