Nagaland Health Protection Society (NHPS) has issued clarification in response to recent reports regarding the statement made by the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare in the Lok Sabha on the de-empanelment of 25 hospitals under the AB PM-JAY scheme due to irregularities between 2018 and February 1, 2025.
In a clarification, NGPS stated that a total of 26 hospitals had been de-empanelled under the scheme to date, comprising 22 government hospitals and four private hospitals.
The society stated that 22 public hospitals—Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and Community Health Centres (CHCs)—were initially empanelled in 2018/2019 to serve as community awareness and outreach centres for beneficiary identification and card generation, as all government hospitals being deemed empanelled under PM-JAY.
However, with increased awareness and low to nil inpatient hospitalisation rates in these public hospitals, NHPS said those hospitals were de-empanelled in FY 2023/2024.
Further, NHPS stated that four private hospitals voluntarily withdrew from the scheme and were accordingly de-empanelled. However, it stated that all four have since been re-empanelled under PM-JAY and CMHIS following the launch of CMHIS in 2022. NHPS said that clarification was issued in the interest of public transparency and to prevent any misinterpretation of the facts.